Directions & Transfers
Directions From Johannesburg
SELF DRIVE: ±4.5 hours via Zeerust / Wonderboom Gate
- From ORT International get on the R21 towards Pretoria up to the Exit to the N1 Polokwane (about 37km).
- Get onto the N1 towards Polokwane and continue up to the N4 Rustenburg slipway (about 22km).
- Take the slipway onto the N4 towards Rustenburg (this is just after the Zambezi drive offramp).
- At Rustenburg continue on the N4 through Swartruggens towards Zeerust. Please note that The N4 is a toll road with four toll gates to Zeerust. Three before Rustenburg and one just after Swartruggens.
- Once in Zeerust turn right at the four way stop street into President Street. There is a signpost on the left that says Madikwe Game Reserve/Gaborone and an ABSA Bank on the corner on your left.
- Follow the R49 towards the reserve for approximately 97km.
- The first entrance to the reserve is Abjaterskop gate.
- Pass that gate and enter at the next gate – Wonderboom Gate exactly 7km from the first gate.
- Once you have entered the Wonderboom Gate follow the ‘LODGES’ sign posts to Tuningi for another 7.2 km. This is indicated with red arrows on the map below.
- It should take you between 15 and 20 minutes to get to the lodge from the Wonderboom Gate.
When In Doubt, Get in Touch
For further directions or emergencies, please contact the lodge directly.Contact Us
Registered, professional transfer companies, with all insurances and indemnities in place, are used for Road Transfers. Road worthy, comfortable, air-conditioned vehicles are used for transfers. The vehicle type used will depend on the number of people on the transfer. Please enquire for further information on these transfers.
Federal Airlines offers a world-class executive daily air shuttle service operating from OR Tambo (Johannesburg) International Airport to Madikwe Game Reserve. Federal Airlines operates a fleet of late model turbine and piston aircrafts. All flights are undertaken by professional and highly experienced commercial pilots.
Transfers from the Madikwe Airstrip to the Lodge are complimentary.
Telephone: +27(0) 11 781 5384